Real Estate Assistance Program
We see real estate development as a primary means to further the ongoing physical transformation of the city, recognizing that the city is stronger when underutilized sites and spaces are occupied by new and growing companies employing New Bedford area residents.
The NBEDC can provide a high level of technical assistance for real estate development projects in such areas as site selection, pre-planning, financing, permitting, and incentive agreements. The NBEDC team members are often vital in negotiations with state agencies, lending institutions and even amongst separate private interests.
We can also provide direct assistance to property owners with marketing their spaces and guiding both the owner and lessee through all of the steps required to permit and occupy the space in the most efficient path possible. We will also provide assistance with the local and state programs available to support small and growing businesses. This assistance program is available to manufacturing, professional office, retail space owners, independent real estate developers, and brokers.
The NBEDC offers these services at no charge, and they include:
- An initial meeting with an NBEDC senior staff member to review needs, anticipated next steps, and expected outcomes;
- A senior level single point of contact, assigned by the NBEDC that will work with you throughout the life of the project (i.e., planning, build-out, opening event)
- Relationships with the required city and state agencies and other related service providers, including documentation gathering assistance, data collection, and meeting attendance—all scheduled, introduced, and managed by the NBEDC;
- Support and advocacy on the project’s behalf for local, state, and federal programs (i.e., historic/new market tax credits);
- As requested, the NBEDC will offer introductions to other private sector partners/vendors and act as an intermediary (i.e., professional services and vendors on either end of the supply chain).
Property owners, lessees, or project leads will have a priority level of service with our lending program.
If you need further assistance, please email Jessica Trombly, Director of Business Development, Communications and Special Projects.